Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Is it just me?

I am not a regular blogger anymore. But I want to maintain this creative habit. Its easy to give up something, but we may not realize how valuable it is, once we get used to living without it. I seldom write now, bogged down by daily life and its struggles. It is difficult to find time, rather it is possible, but we choose to ignore and procrastinate. We are mentally tired by all the routine tasks. 

The attention span of people is going down. At least, it is true for me. I am used to one liner updates, Facebook / Twitter etc have promoted this short attention span. I can't bring myself to read any article effortlessly. I have stopped reading Facebook updates now, unless something on the top of the page catches my eye. It is difficult to read long articles or books now that this notion of reading most relevant and important information in one or two lines. And then switching between such pieces rapidly, as if on a sprint. 

What is happening here? Am I losing the ability to focus on one thing at one time? Am I constantly under pressure of multi-tasking? Is it only happening with me or others too? Whatever it is, it looks scary/dangerous. :-) 

1 comment:

Phani Kiran said...

I think the whole world is realizing the perils of multi-tasking and few management guru's started advising against it. Even i lost the habit of writing :(