Friday, July 30, 2010

Contradictions + Hypocrisy

I like to read newspapers. Its important to know about what is happening in this world. But from some months, I am getting increasingly discouraged from this habit. There is so much negativity flowing out of the paper and sticking into your face. I feel disgusted by news of all corruption and sick of all the hypocrisy. Every celebrity/politician has something to say which will not be so logical or even politically correct most of the times. Its quite frustrating.

In one piece of news, grains are rotting in government owned godowns, in another news people are dying of hunger. On one page I see the new education policies of government, on another I see unemployment and grads who are unemployable due to faulty education/fake degrees. There is a connection between these two contradictory pieces I suppose? Enough to drive one to the edge. I feel ashamed sometimes of all this disorder.The emotion goes from Disbelief -> Anger -> Shame -> Insensitivity. But its more important to be optimistic, corrective and constructive.


This will go on and on and on. You and I can do our bits and be honest and pay our taxes, at least that will make ourselves happy about being truthful to ourseleves, regardless of the whole crazy world. Meanwhile, I will just skip the newspapers today, close my eyes and relax!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi neha
You could choose to ignore .. or chose to take action..
not reading the papers .. is akin to an ostrich with its head in the sand ..
read them .. till the point you are moved enough to do something about them ..